Paltas rellenas are a favorite dish in our country. There are several variations but nothing beats chicken or tuna salad as the filling of choice. I even use smoked trout and palm hearts to give them a gourmet twist.
This is a homey dish that you can find in small eateries or in fancy restaurants, upgraded with shrimp or lobster.
To make it choose the best avocados you can find. Perfectly ripe and creamy are the best. Squeeze a little lemon juice on them to keep the color, sprinkle some salt and pepper, and fill them.
Garnish with fresh herbs and cherry tomatoes. Is you want serve them with a green salad on the side. This will make a light and tasty lunch or dinner.
- 2 avocados, perfectly ripe
- ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Oregano leaves (parsley or cilantro)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Cut the avocados in half, take out the seeds, peel them. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Reserve.
- In a bowl combine chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the avocado cavities.
- Put them in two dishes and garnish with oregano leaves, cherry tomatoes cut in half, and serve immediately.