Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterPascua #CollectiveBias
Haz click aquí para leer en Español.
A visit to Walmart is a must when I´m looking for the ingredients for most of my recipes. So this is where I went looking for some Dove Chocolate Eggs and Starburst Jelly Beans to use in the preparation of these lovely Easter sweets, and I used my printable discount coupons to buy them (sorry, they are no longer available). I also use the bundle coupon I found on the main hub, for extra savings on other Easter items. Making Easter-themed food like these nests is the sweetest and funniest way to celebrate Pascua with my family.
To get more ideas and inspiration for the sweetest Easter ever visit this site.
Easter celebrations bring to my mind beautiful memories of my childhood. My mom used to plan several activities for me, my siblings, and a playful crowd that always included most of my cousins and neighbors. We loved to cook with her and share time in the kitchen making sweets and cookies, and decorating Easter Eggs, eagerly waiting for Sunday’s egg hunt in our garden.
I want to share with you one of the recipes that became a staple in our Easter celebrations: Bolitas de Nuez nests, a sweet treat that has been a must in my family in many celebration: birthdays, Christmas, tea time, and Easter, of course.
My mother created this recipe by giving an Easter twist to the traditional Brazil nut balls recipe, so instead of using the dough to make little balls she taught us how to make mini nests for our chocolate eggs. That was really amusing and we could spend hours decorating our creations with chocolates and all sorts of sweets, while trying to eat them -and some of the dough too of course- without my mom noticing. I remember those cheerful moments and all the happiness and laughter we shared while growing up.
Many years have gone by and today I am a mother too and love to share this beautiful tradition of the Bolita de Nuez nests with my children, but we have changed the recipe further to make the nests even more colorful. We have a sweet tooth at home and are big fans of the Dove Chocolate Eggs I used here, so I decided to make them the main ingredient to fill our nests. I also add some Starburst Jelly Beans to make them bright and colorful.
I hope this sweet treats inspire you to make them with your children. You will really enjoy looking at their happy faces while they are making and decorating their nests!
- 1 cup ground Brazil nuts (about 4.5 ounces)
- 1 cup ground vanilla cookies (about 7 ounces)
- ½ can (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup confectioners´sugar
- Dove chocolate eggs
- Starburst jelly beans
- Mix the ground Brazil nuts and the ground vanilla cookies in a bowl.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and knead with your hands until you have a dought that is not longer sticky.
- Using your hand’s palm try to make a nest with the dough. You can use a small bowl or cup upside down to help you with the shape. Make 1.5 inch nests (you can make them larger or smaller if you wish).
- Dust lightly with confectioners´sugar.
- Put the Dove chocolate eggs inside the nests and decorate with Starburst jelly beans.