Disclosure: The samples I used to make this recipe were provided by General Mills through Que Rica Vida, but the opinions, recipe and photos are my own.
A few days ago I was happy to receive a package from General Mills containing the new Fiber One Streusel bars, in two new flavors: strawberry and blueberry. I immediately pictured several snacks and desserts using these bars, and the one that appealed the most to me was adding a little cream cheese and some peanut butter to combine with the sweetness of the bars.
My daughter, who is deeply committed to a healthy lifestyle and is always creating healthy dishes for her daily menu, used to have blueberries with tahini and a drop of honey as a sweet snack, so inspired by that, I made my version to create my own satisfying fruit bites.
This recipe is a no brainer. There is no need to turn on the stove (which is very convenient in the summer), and you can have a fun snack for the kiddies or for yourself in just a few minutes. Feel free to substitute the peanut butter with almond butter -or tahini, if you want a slightly bitter taste. You can also enjoy these bars on their own at any time of the day. Like we always recommend with sweet treats, moderation is key. So one of these is all you will need to satisfy those sweet cravings.
I did not add any sugar to the cream cheese – peanut butter mixture (check that the peanut butter you buy doesn’t contain added sugar either), which I think is best to complement the sweetness of these bars. Top them with raspberries, strawberries, and / or blueberries, a mini mint leaf to make them pretty, and some chopped peanuts.
- 2 Fiber One Streusel Bars (strawberry)
- 2 Fiber One Streusel Bars (blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 raspberries
- 6 blueberries
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts
- Cut the Fiber One Streusel Bars in three slices. Reserve.
- Combine the cream cheese in a small bowl with the peanut butter and the milk, until smooth and creamy. Use a little more milk if needed.
- Put this mixture in a pastry bag (or a plastic bag), cut the tip and pipe a little bit of cream on top of each bar.
- Top everything with a raspberry or a blueberry, garnish with mint leaves, and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Serve immediately with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.